Sometimes you may have a lot to do from your laptop, but the screen is not big enough to let you enjoy doing everything, right? It could be watching your favorite movie with your friends or just mirroring your laptop screen. Then you wish that your bigger Samsung Smart TV screen could help you out.
Moreover, some content may be accessible via computer and not a Smart TV, and a more prominent display could offer you extra satisfaction. You need not worry because you can connect the two screens without much to do.
In this guide, I’ve mentioned what you need to do so that you enjoy watching your favorite movie or doing your task on a bigger screen by connecting your laptop with a Smart Samsung TV.
I’ve mentioned below three effortless ways divided into an easy step-by-step process to connect your laptop to the Samsung Smart TV.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
Samsung Smart View, Samsung Smart Hub, Chromecast, and using the HDMI cables are a couple of ways that can help you to connect your laptop to the Samsung Smart TV. You can mirror your laptop screen via these options, and even you can share the media access with your Samsung Smart TV.
There are two primary ways you can use to connect your laptop to your Samsung TV. The choice depends on what works for you better and what you have at hand. Sometimes, you may opt to connect with an HDMI cable. But in case you cannot access the HDMI cable, a wireless connection is an alternative method.
Below I’ve mentioned the step-by-step process for the three primary methods to connect your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV.
1.) Mirror Your Laptop To Samsung Smart TV via Samsung Smart View
Smart View feature application enables you to connect your laptop to Samsung Smart TV without the use of cable. All your contents stored on your laptop are made accessible from your Smart TV. The Smart View also reads subtitles that enable you to watch movies in different languages. As long as you are using Windows 7, 8, or 10 versions, the Smart View feature is supportable. The following procedure guides you to mirror your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV.
- If you have a “Samsung Smart View Application” on your laptop, launch it, but download, install and launch the app if you don’t have it.
- Connect your laptop and Samsung smart TV to the same network/ Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm your network connection status by scrolling to the “Menu” then “Network” and select “Network Status.”
- On your laptop, click “Connect TV” and locate your Samsung Smart TV from the list of devices.
- Click “Next” then “Ok” on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the “+ Add Content” button and select files you would like to import.
- Press the “Play” button to enjoy watching or listening to your favorite movie or music on your Samsung Smart TV.
2.) Mirror Your Laptop To Samsung Smart TV via Chromecast
Another option to connecting your laptop to your Samsung smart TV is by using a Chromecast device. As a plug-in device, Chromecast helps convert connected devices into the receiver. In this case, your Laptop and Samsung Smart TV become receivers. Chromecast also allows online sharing of content. Follow the following steps to mirror your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Ensure that Chromecast is correctly configured before plugging it into a power outlet as well as to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Ensure your laptop have the most current Google Chrome version. If not, download and install it.
- Then tap “Menu” the three dots in the right corner of the Chrome browser and select “Cast.”
- Then scroll down and click “Cast to” and select “Cast tab.”
- Navigate around and tap the cast icon and select “Stop” to enable mirroring the laptop screen on your Samsung Smart TV.
3.) Connect Your Laptop To Your Samsung Smart TV via Smart Hub
Samsung Smart Hub ensures that your laptop is connected to your Samsung smart TV on the same network. First, you need to install the Samsung AllShare application. Then, enable a DLNA server and make it compatible with your computer windows media player. You can play media on your Smart TV and, at the same time, browse through Smart Hub. Follow the following steps to complete this connection.
The Laptop Setup
- Assure you have a stable network where your Laptop and Samsung Smart Hub are connected.
- Swipe to the left, then click “Search” and type “Windows Media Player.” Scroll and look for apps and select “Windows Media Player.”
- In the stream menu, put on “Media Streaming” by clicking the prompt “On” button.
- From the computers and devices list, locate your Samsung Smart TV and check the box to permit Samsung Smart Hub access. This step enables you to go through files and stream the content from your laptop.
- Find the content in your laptop libraries using file explorer.
- To share the content, locate a library, then right-click and select “New” then “Shortcut,” which allows you to navigate to the specific folder to share, click “finish to permit sharing.”
Setting Up The Samsung Smart Hub
- Ensure your Samsung Smart TV is ON and take the remote. Press “Menu,” then click “Network,” then select “AllShare Settings,” and go to “Content Sharing.”
- From the list of devices, locate your laptop and use the remote control to enable media to play on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Take a remote, press the Smart Hub button, and then click “Photos, Videos & Music” on the Smart Hub screen.
- In networked devices, select your laptop and go to the media type. Open the folder, and then locate the file you would like to play on your Samsung Smart TV. Finally, click on it to play.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly?
Connecting your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV without cables requires you to use the following steps.
- Go to the action center and open it. (Looks like an SMS icon where your new notifications appear.)
- Click “connect” from the dashboard.
- Then Select “Project to the PC” at the bottom right of your laptop screen.
- Go to the settings and choose either “Available Everywhere” or “Available Everywhere On Secure Networks.”
- Go to “Ask to project this PC” select either “every time” or “first time only,” depending on your preference.
- A prompt alert will shows on your laptop that you want to connect to the TV select “Yes” to complete.
- Once the connection is completed, your laptop will automatically launch the windows connect app.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV With HDMI?
HDMI cable helps transmit audio and video signals between two connected devices. It is one of the easiest methods to connect your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV. Follow the following step to complete the connection of your two devices.
- Locate HDMI input on your Laptop and plug in one end of the HDMI cable.
- Find HDMI input in your Samsung Smart TV and plug in the other end of the HDMI cable.
- Using the remote control, select the correct input corresponding to your HDMI. The port can be HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, or any other. Confirm where it is plugged in on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Enjoy your time by watching your favorite movie on a bigger screen now.
How To Connect My Apple Laptop To My Smart TV?
You can connect your Apple Laptop to your Smart TV via AirPlay and stream your content on the TV screen. To complete this connection, follow the following steps.
- Ensure both your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV and Apple Laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the AirPlay app on your laptop. Alternatively, you can pull up the website that contains your video.
- Click the “Screen Mirroring Icon” from the video playback controls.
- Then select AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV to complete your connection.
- You can disconnect if you are done with streaming your content by tapping “Screen Mirroring Icon,” then select “Turn off AirPlay.”
How To Connect The Laptop To Samsung TV Without HDMI?
There are three primary methods that you can use to connect your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV without the assistance of cables. You can use Samsung Smart Hub, Samsung Smart View, or Chromecast to connect your laptop to Samsung Smart TV. However, the choice depends on what works for you best.
How To Connect Samsung TV To PC With HDMI?
HDMI is a reliable alternative to connecting your PC to Samsung TV. You require a working HDMI cable, then locate the port where you will plug-in from your computer one end of the cable. The second step is to choose one HDMI port in your Samsung TV and plug in the other end of the cable. In this way, you can connect your Samsung Smart TV to your PC via HDMI.
Connecting your wide Samsung Smart TV screen to your laptop can be done in several ways, as described above. In the absence of cables, you can opt for a wireless connection that only requires you to install wireless-related applications on your laptop, then follow the recommended steps mentioned above.
However, the use of HDMI cable is the most reliable alternatives because the instant connection is enabled. Ensure the ends of the HDMI cables are connected to your laptop and the Smart TV.
So I hope that I’ve helped you out with the query “How to connect my Laptop to my Samsung Smart TV?” After going through this complete guide, if you still have any questions or doubts left, type them in the comments, and I’ll help you out.
You would also like these (Give it a read):
- How To Reduce Screen Size On HP Laptop?
- 5 Best Asus Laptop Cases Review
- How To Connect Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly?
- How To Use Docking Station With Laptop Closed?
- How To Remove McAfee Endpoint Encryption From Laptop?
- How To Connect Dell Laptop To Printer Wirelessly?
- How To Install Software On A Laptop Without CD Drive
- How To Get Sticker Residue Off Laptop?
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A Charger?
- How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Laptop Screen?
- How To Find Mac Address On Dell Laptop?
- How To Use Laptop As Monitor For Xbox One?
- How To Track A Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software?
- How To Remove Computrace From A Laptop?
- How To Connect Wii U To Laptop?
- My Laptop Keeps Freezing And Not Responding Windows 7