Even though you may be careful not to break your laptop’s screen, unexpected may happen that it cracks or breaks. This problem is unavoidable, but there should be no worry about it because the screen can be fixed again. You need to understand how much you need to spend on bringing your screen back to life?
However, you need to take into consideration that a laptop repair is not a task that can be performed by anyone else. If it is not done correctly, it may cause worse conditions that violate the manufacturer’s warranty.
It’s never fun to have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on fixing a problem that was likely avoidable with some care and maintenance. But thankfully, there is hope! Today we’re going to discuss how much does it cost to fix a Laptop Screen (on average), what causes screens to go black in the first place, and what can be done before shelling out cash for an expensive repair job!
How much does it cost to fix a Laptop Screen?
The cost of fixing a laptop screen depends on whether you want to fix it yourself or need it repaired by a qualified technician. On average, getting your laptop repaired by a professional will cost you approximately $300. But you can get a less expensive screen online that would only cost you up to $100 if you decide to fix it by yourself.
Signs of Broken Laptop Screen
- Evidence of physical damage on the screen. In this case, your screen will have black splotches like inks or broken glass, the sizes of damages increase with time.
- Screen malfunction indicating defection. This sign happens without physical damage appearance. This sign can occur with the presence of the blank screen, resolution lines, and distorted images.
- A loose or disconnected display is a significant indicator that your laptop’s screen is broken.
- Non-display of content from the screen. This could arise if you connect the laptop to an external monitor; it works properly but does not display anything on its own.
What to look after Repairing a Laptop Screen?
Before you pay for the charges or leave a technician’s shop, you need to carefully check if there are still display problems on your laptop’s monitor. This step is essential even if you have fixed the screen by yourself. You should ensure that:
- There are no signs of scratches.
- There are no signs of cracks.
- There are no former display issues like a blank screen.
- Check whether images are correctly displayed.
- There is no discoloration.
How much does it cost to fix a Laptop Screen by yourself?
If you’re a DIY type of person and would instead fix your laptop than the expensive repair shop, you must know how much it costs to do so.
The cost to fix a laptop screen on your own is not as high as you might think. The DIY option for repairing a cracked laptop screen can be cheaper than paying someone else to do it because there’s usually no labor fee associated with fixing the problem yourself. It will cost you around $40-$100 to fix your Laptop Screen by yourself.
And if you’re not sure what is wrong with your screen and want to try fixing it yourself, there’s always a risk of making things worse. So, without complete knowledge, don’t proceed to fix your laptop screen by yourself.
Below I’ve mentioned the complete process to fix your laptop screen by yourself! So, let’s get into it…
How to fix a Laptop Screen by Yourself? Step-By-Step
However, it’s not impossible to fix your laptop screen—and in some cases, you might be able to save yourself a little bit of cash by doing so.
It is not a big deal to fix your laptop screen by yourself. You can follow the four simple steps mentioned below, and you’ll be able to do it on your own with no problem.
Step 1: Get an Appropriate Screen that fits your Laptop.
Look for a perfect screen for your computer from Amazon, key the name of your computer model and look for the highly-rated screens. Then, select the appropriate one for your laptop computer. The prices are also less expensive hence you can make your order with ease.
Step 2: Remove the Broken Screen.
After acquiring a new screen, ensure you assemble all the necessary tools to unfix the cracked or broken screen. Also, unplug your laptop from the power source, and take out its battery. By doing this, you need to be extra careful not to cause damage to the motherboard or any part of the computer. Follow the following steps to disconnect the defective screen from the motherboard:
- Using a screwdriver, remove the basal that covers the screen.
- Then get the screws out to remove the defective screen. In most cases, there are four screws, but sometimes they can be up to 16, depending on the model of your laptop.
- At the back of the defective laptop computer screen, disconnect the attaching cable, and you will have successfully removed the broken screen.
Step 3: Fix the New Screen.
The first thing to do is to connect the new screen to the motherboard. Find an appropriate orientation of the screen on your laptop by looking at the corners and compare the points where the screws will fit. Follow these steps;
- Use the cable and fix it behind the new screen. You will see a port designed for it and ensure it holds tightly by applying tape so that it cannot easily detach.
- After connecting the screen to the motherboard, align it to the points where screws will be placed.
- Put the screws on the corners using the drivers by starting with the one lower part and next at the upper on the adjacent corner. These two screws hold the screen in place as you fix the rest.
- Finish screw fixing by putting the remaining corners.
Step 4: Put the Battery on and Test the Screen.
Before putting the basal back to cover the screen, follow the following procedures:
- Put on the battery or plug in the power source to test whether the new screen is working correctly.
- Switch On your Laptop to see whether there is a display. If it displays, the screen is functional.
- Turn the screen back off and remove the battery or plug out the power source.
- Put the basal cover back on. But ensure there are no wires out the way before fixing it.
- Put the basal cover until you hear a snapping sound which indicates it holds tightly, and make sure there are no gaps left.
- Finally, test the laptop screen again by putting on the battery or plugging in the power source from your adapter. If the screen displays, then it is successfully fixed.
How much does it cost to fix a Cracked Laptop Screen?
The cost depends on the model of the computer. Whether a small or large crack on the screen, it should be replaced with a functional one. It may cost higher for a touch screen than a normal one, but generally, the cost depends on whether you fix it by yourself or with the help of a professional technician. Fixing by yourself, you only incur the fee of the screen. But, if through the use of a technician, you will include additional charges such as labor.
How much does it cost to fix a Touch Screen Laptop Screen?
Fixing a touch screen on a laptop is a bit challenging. Thus, making its cost to be increased than fixing a standard non-touch screen. This higher cost is basically due to increased sensitivity which increases the chances of screen damaging if mishandled—however, the average price range between $250 to $350.
What does Laptop Screen Repair cost in the Philippines?
Each laptop screen repair varies in terms of screen size and model. For this reason, determining the exact cost of repairing a laptop screen is challenging in the Philippines. Also, the price varies among the technician’s expertise, severity, and skillset. Thus, there is no fixed cost for repairing a laptop screen in the Philippines.
What is the Laptop Screen Repair cost in the UK?
The cost of laptop screen repair can be as low as £70. However, you need to note that the costs are not fixed. The cost is dependent on the new screen price, cost of labor, and level of severity. Plus, different screen sizes and models also determine the cost.
How much does it cost to fix an HP Laptop Screen?
The cost varies with the type and size of the screen and technician expertise. Touch screen costs more than non-touch ones. Also, a bigger screen cost more than a small one. On the other hand, different professional technicians charge prices for the labor differ. However, on average, the price to fix an HP Laptop Screen may range between $45 to $70.
The cost of fixing a laptop screen is dependent on factors such as the model, type, and size of the screen. Repairing a laptop screen does not need only a professional expert; you can do it by yourself. You only need to follow the simple steps that I have discussed above.
However, if you are not confident about doing it alone, visit a professional repair shop to fix your screen.
That was it for your query “How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Laptop Screen,” and I’ve also mentioned a complete Guide on how to repair your Laptop Screen by yourself. If you still have any doubts left, drop them in the comments, and I’ll get back to you with a solution.
You would also like these (Give it a read):
- How To Reduce Screen Size On HP Laptop?
- 5 Best Asus Laptop Cases Review
- How To Connect Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly?
- How To Use Docking Station With Laptop Closed?
- How To Remove McAfee Endpoint Encryption From Laptop?
- How To Connect Dell Laptop To Printer Wirelessly?
- How To Install Software On A Laptop Without CD Drive
- How To Get Sticker Residue Off Laptop?
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A Charger?
- How To Find Mac Address On Dell Laptop?
- How To Use Laptop As Monitor For Xbox One?
- How To Track A Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software?
- How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
- How To Remove Computrace From A Laptop?
- How To Connect Wii U To Laptop?
- How To Make Laptop Screen Brighter Than Max?